Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day Two..

Well today I could really tell the students were very comfortable with me. All of the sassy and attitudes came to the surface. I had to carried a girl out of the room and to the nurse because she refused to walk! That took place about 10 in the morning...the funny this is the students were only there for maybe 2 hours when that happened. Lucky today was an early out so that meant we just had to get through the morning. But that wasn't just what happened today. I finally get to start planning my two weeks of full teaching. My host teacher informed me that I will be basically left along but only for me to get my own experience. She will be in the room but for the more of the legal aspects. That does have me worried but yet not so much. I have so much I already know with completing all of my classes that I do feel like I have a good base under my belt. The real test will be we it comes to actually testing all of my knowledge. Can we say scared but excited at the same time.
But don't think that I had the worst day ever. As I walked into my school this little boy ran up to me and hugged me. Then he said that I was a teacher yesterday and then asked me if I was going to be a teacher today. I told him I would be a teacher for a while at his school and he told me that made him happy. The funny thing is that he isn't in my class, he is in another kindergarten class. Then when I walked into my classroom I was told right away that I was very pretty. HAHA talk about an ego boost.
Since the kids got to go home early we had meetings today. Since I was new I really didn't know what to think about all of these meetings. We learned about this intervention program to help with all the aggressiveness that the students project. Will it work...idk. This is will be a challenge for our students. But I am excited to see how this one plays out...

No comments:

Post a Comment